Donate to Camdy
- West Malaysia - RM0.00 get it within 7-14 working days from dispatch
- International delivery not available.
Salvatore Sanfilippo (creator of Redis) said Redis can be used to replace a RDBMS database. Now, although nothing is impossible, I think it would be a bad idea, because using a key-value store for things, like a full-text search, might be painful. Especially, when you consider ACID compliance and syncing data in a key-value store: painful.
Below are just a few uses of Redis, though there are many more than this.
- Caching can be used in the same manner as memcached.
- Leaderboards or related problems.
- Counting stuff.
- Real time analysis.
- Deletion and filtering.
- Show latest item listings in your home page.